One of my first memories of cooking was certainly a loose definition of the term. I remember sitting on the kitchen counter while my mother prepared some dish (whether it be dinner, breakfast or lunch is irrelevant so I will not elaborate on that point). While she legitimately made something edible, I mimicked her style by pouring spices (the types, also irrelevant) into a cup of water. I might as well have been splitting an atom, for I felt my duty to stir random spices together was the most important thing in the world at that moment (there must not have been anything on tv). The point is, food has always been facinating to me. I have always enjoyed experimenting with flavors, and have stumbled upon some really great dishes in my taste trials (that's not to say that I haven't had meals go straight from pan to trash while speed dialing Papa John's with the other hand). To me, cooking is an adventure. And not a scary "this-rope-might-be-strong-enough-to-hold-you-as-you-descend-down-this-mountain" type of adventure. Cooking shouldn't been something you're afraid of, and hopefully I can take away some of the mystery for you. You can get out of the fetal postion now, I'm not going to make you cook anything just yet.
In addtion to cooking, I also enjoy the sport of dining out. I say sport, because I think it's my duty (and please join my cause) to make the act of restauranting the next great competative platform. While that may not happen any time soon, I will continue to train as often as my wallet allows. I enjoy new and interesting restaurants, off the beaten path finds, which I would love to share with you. While, cooking might not be first on your list of things to do (and you can cross of learning a new language because face it, you'd rather spend that time watching Grey's) maybe I can point you in the direction of some great restaurants.
With that, dig in my friends!
Monday, May 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment