Monday, June 12, 2006

A Cantaloupe Martini, You Say?




From the funky chandeliers and an eclectic collection of martini glasses, to the live music and fantastically unique drinks- how can you go wrong? Nic's is simply to die for!

Okay, I have to be honest - I have yet to sample their menu, but from what I could see, and what I've heard, it's wonderful. I plan on going back for dinner or small plates soon, so when I do, I will be sure to add a few more cents into this piece.

But what I can stand behind, is the quality of Nic's martinis.

I tried both the Cantaloupe Martini which was by far the best martini I've ever had, as well as the night's special: Pistachio Martini. The Pistachio Martini was good, not great, but it might satisfy someone looking for an alternative to their regular whistle wetter.

And did I mention the VODBOX? If you're in the mood for an adventure, check out their freezer room where you are lent a fur hat and coat to wear (don't worry, it's fake), and are able to sample rare vodka accompanied by assorted caviar. This might not be your everyday adventure, but if you're in the mood to feel as Stalin must have once felt in all his glory (minus the rough exterior and ghastly 'stash), try it out!

Things I've discovered in my research which make this place even greater:

1. If you throw a private party for 8 or more during happy hour, it's only $10 a person for 5 appetizers. Can you say, "cha-ching?"

2. On weekdays from 5pm to 7pm, the cocktail food menu is discounted, with most items in the $7 to $9 range. Can you say, "room for dessert?"

3. Donate a unique martini glass and receive one complimentary cocktail and a martini-making class for you and three friends. Can you say, "let's get wasted?"

Although the martinis can run a little high ($12 made with 42 Below), with the happy hour menu and the rockin' atmosphere, you really get what you pay for. Cheers!

Nic's Restaurant and Martini Lounge
453 North Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
$$-$$$

No comments: