I don't generally associate Travelodge hotel chains with high culinary arts. I also don't know how many Travelodge's house a restaurant like Metro Cafe.
Metro Cafe is not about glitz and glamour. The decor is simple with a few pieces of artwork on the walls and some tea lights on the table. But I don't generally go to a restaurant to look for dining room inspiration, I go to eat great food. And Metro has GREAT food.
I started my meal with a salad of Burata over Roasted Red Peppers ($9). This salad was so fresh, I swear they made the cheese in the back. The burata was creamy and the dressing was light. It was very tasty.
I then moved on to the Thyme Chicken with Tomato Viniagrette ($14). The chicken was served with snow peas and mashed potatoes. The chicken itself was truly a delite. It was coated in thyme and then roasted to a crispy coat. The meat was tender and juicy and perfectly cooked. The viniagrette was really a wonderful treat. I could taste a South American influence on the sauce, very refreshing and sweet with the perfect amount of vinegar to compliment the chicken. The sides were good as well, although I like my mashed potatoes a little chunky, I won't hold it against them.
My date ordered the Montenegro Lamb Roast ($17) which had a lot of South American and Mediterranean influence. The lamb was perfectly roasted with a little bit of seasoning (not enough to hide the flavor of the lamb). Drizzled over the top of the meat was a mint pesto which was fantastic and fresh. The lamb was served with baked white beans which almost had a little Meditteranean flavor.
Metro was a great meal, and nicely sandwiched in between West L.A. and Culver City, it's a fun place to get a great meal. Plus, if you have too many glasses of Pinot, you can always spend the night at the TL.
Metro Cafe
11188 Washington Place
Culver City, CA 90232
(310) 559-6821
$$

No comments:
Post a Comment