Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Just A Little Bit Hollywood (In a good way!)

Photo Courtesy of magnoliarestuarant.com

In a city that teases, offering yummy dishes in super small portions, it's nice to find a place that understands why people go to a restaurant: to eat. Magnolia in Hollywood is chic and makes you feel like you're in the "in" crowd, without having to sacrifice half your plate for the sake of looking cool. Plus, the reasonably priced take on upscale comfort food won't dent your wallet and will allow you a drink at The Bowery or The Well after dinner.

To drink, I had a really really good (and generous) glass of Pinot Noir from Monterrey... the name escapes me (I believe it started with a "C"). If you like Pinot, I recommend it!

To start, the Ahi Tuna Tartar ($12) with homemade tarot root chips was fresh and light and enough for two people to share!
For the main course, the Grilled Pork Chop with Sauteed Spinach and Sweet Potato Mash ($19) was to die for! I don't usually order pork, but something was swaying me in this direction. The pork was moist and wonderful, topped with a fresh apple reduction. And I would have married the Sweet Potato Mash if it were to propose. We would have lived quite a happy life together. Shame.
And dessert, (the most important meal of the day), The Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich ($8). What can I say: homemade ice cream, chewy chocolate chip cookie, HUGE portion size. I was in heaven.
All in all, this is a great place to get your Hollywood fix and actually go home full! As I was leaving, the place was certainly picking up (they have a nice bar too), so it's got a really hip and late night vibe. Come on and eat at Magnolia - all the cool kids are doing it!


Magnolia
6266 1/2 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, 90028
$$$

2 comments:

JKap said...

I. Love. Magnolia. Period!!!!!

Next time get the chicken ( i know...I never order chicken at restaurants, but this is AMAZING!!!!) or the Bolognese which is like sweet sweet love in your mouth. Mmmmm hmmmm!

Darby said...

um, ice cream sandwich? delicious.