I'm always in search of no-frills neighborhood restaurants that aren't too pricey to necessitate a special occasion, but aren't too cheap to warrant over indulging. I think I found just the place. Ninjin Sushi in Santa Monica is a great spot with a great vibe. Although Ninjin has been opened for 3 years, it took a "break" between year 1 and 2, and has been reopened under new fervor for the past year. The management certainly knows what they're doing, offering complementary edamame, and a chef's special (which in our case were fish cakes). Maybe they were just in a good mood on that night, but I fell for them like Beyonce.
The fish was fresh and the presentation was fantastic. Most of the specialty rolls were $8-$11, and some of the highlights were the Ninjin Roll, Spicy Tuna Crunch Roll, Caterpillar Roll, Spicy Tiger Roll (my personal favorite with jalapenos inside), Volcano Roll and Rose Roll. Unfortunately, I wasn't warned that I would be eating with Cris Angel, so before I had a chance to shoot all of the rolls, they had disappeared from the plate. Here's a couple for your enjoyment:
Spicy Tiger Roll
Ninjin Sushi
607 Colorado Blvd.
Santa Monica, 90404
(310) 451-9800
$$

1 comment:
they just couldn't keep their grubby hands off
Post a Comment