
This is one of my favorite recipes. I grew up eating this cake with my grandma and I always feel incredibly cozy when I eat this. If you have to make a dessert for a party, or just want something to nibble on, make this cake. It's better warm so try not to eat the whole thing right out of the oven.
Grammy's Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
6 tbs. softened unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 small carton sour cream
6 oz. bag of chocolate chips
Mix butter and sugar until fully blended. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon and then add to the butter, eggs and sugar mixture. Mix in the sour cream.
Grease a 7 1/2 x 11 inch pyrex with butter and dust with flour. Pour in the batter and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the cake just begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.

No comments:
Post a Comment