So I still haven't really gotten over my meal last night. Let's backtrack a few days. I was driving home from the gym and all I could think about was having a CHEESEBURGER. It took everything inside of me not to pull into the In-N-Out drive thru, but I haven't been able to shake the craving yet.
Last night, I had a date with a couple funny friends of mine, and I chose the place. So, I was in search of the perfect burger, and folks, I think I found it.
25 Degrees is located in the Roosevelt Hotel and is far from the typical burger joint. This joint has dark leather booths, funky chandeliers and velvet textured wallpaper (read: the place has style). I'd read up on the restaurant a little before committing to the meal. 25 Degrees, which opened in February 2006, is the creation of husband and wife, Tim and Liza Goodell. The restaurant joins the Domaine Restaurants family, which has bread other great spots like Red Pearl Kitchen and Dakota.
The menu is simple (with a twist). They offer 3 pre-packaged burgers, and then a "make your own burger" option, with a choice of meat, cheese, toppings and sauce. There are 12 cheeses to choose from, ranging from farm house cheddar (described as: cow / lightly sharp / firm / england) to red hawk (cow / triple cream / lightly salty / long pungent finish / california). So you pretty much know this place is going to rock your world. I could have made a meal on the cheeses alone (p.s. they do offer a 3 cheese plate for $9, or 5 cheeses for $15).
But let's get back to business. Since it was my first time at 25 degrees, I decided to go with one of their signature burgers rather than build my own (I was excited and may have blown the whole experience by pairing the wrong sauce with a hard cheese and needless to say, ruined my evening). I went for Burger #2 with roasted tomatoes, crispy prosciutto, burrata cheese and pestoooooooooooooooooooooo. SORRY, I just had a flashback and my hand seemed to freeze to the keyboard. This burger was (okay here it goes) THE BEST BURGER I'VE EVER HAD. There! I said it, it's out there, so deal with it.
The first bite was heavenly: juice dripping down my arms, roasted tomato all over my face, a tantalizing burger experience. My two dates seemed to immensely enjoy their burgers as well. One also chose a signature burger, opting for #1 with caramelized onion, big woods blue, crescenza, bacon, arugula and thousand island dressing. My other friend went for a build-your-own in the vegetarian vein: veggie burger, crescenza, and thousand island dressing. He was very impressed by the quality of the veggie burger: no hockey pucks in sight. You may also want to compliment your meal with a box of fries for $6, (one order was enough for the three of us to share).
Well, my craving was met and my hunger, satisfied. On to the next obsession, to be determined at a later date.
25 Degrees
7000 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 785-7244
$$

3 comments:
For the vegetarians, vegans, and hippies out there, I built my own veggie burger, and it was amazing.
Also, Jaimey forgot to mention that they have TV screens over the counter. While we were there, they were playing GHOSTBUSTERS II, which made the place even more awesome.
In a post about burgers, i expected a little comparison to the in-n-out and the counter considering the wrapped burger and build-your-own style seem to parallel.
But to be fair, I guess the comparison WAS made in "IT WAS THE BEST BURGER I'VE EVER HAD."
Let's go again soon, please
Did JK wake up on the wrong side of the bun ;)? Well, it was way out of the league of In-N-Out, and the price is to match. You can get a good burger at INO for a few bucks, but you can get a GREAT burger and service for $12 at 25 Degrees.
I'm glad you brought up The Counter. I really enjoy that restaurant, but again, the burgers don't compare. I would go to The Counter for a fun lunch place, but the quality is not as good at 25 Degrees. ALTHOUGH, for sides, The Counter can't be beat with 50/50 (sweet potato fries and onion rings to die for). If you do make it to 25 Degrees, let me know what you think.
Post a Comment