Friday, April 06, 2007

Breakfast In Full Bloom

I love it when I find cute cafes with outdoor seating within a few miles of my little house. I somehow missed the bus on Bloom Cafe, which opened in November of 2006, but was able to see and taste what I had been missing just last week.

Bloom opens at 9am on weekdays, but was kind enough to let my girlfriends and I sit down at 8:45 and enjoy a cappuccino and some tea prior to ordering. Bloom is an adorable cafe, with modern designs and love for color. The breakfast menu is fantastic, offering eggs and griddle items, all fresh and some quite unique. I opted to make my own omelet for $9.50, with spinach, tomato and mushroom.


My friends chose the Poached Eggs with Goat Cheese on a Crostini, and the Smoked Salmon Omelet. All of the breakfasts came with toasted whole grain and nut bread and a choice of fruit or potatoes.

Poached Eggs

Smoked Salmon Omelet

We all went for the fruit, which came in a generously sized bowl, swimming in a fruit juice soup - which was a refreshing end to the meals.

Directly next to the cafe is Bloom 2 Go, which offers take out or a quick bite if you're in a hurry. I will definitely go back to Bloom as I had such a lovely experience. A couple things that I MUST try on the next round will be the Lemon and Ricotta Pancakes, or for dinner, one of their fabulous sounding pizzas (like the Blue Cheese and Butternut Squash).

Spring has sprung, so go get your bloom on!

Bloom Cafe
5544 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323) 934-6900
$-$$

1 comment:

Darby said...

whatever they put in the fruit cups tasted delicious....we must find out what it was!