My first time at Tuk Tuk was quite a while ago, but as I drove by it this morning I was reminded of how much I enjoyed the food there, so I thought I'd share the love. First of all, the ambiance is wonderful. The bright orange sign makes the restaurant stand out amongst its kosher food neighbors, which is what originally caught my attention. It was either going to be Factor's or Tuk Tuk, and feeling a little more in the mood for pad Thai than lox & bagels, I opted for the latter. You also have the option of outdoor seating, which is pretty great as it's starting to warm up down here in sunny so cal.
The restaurant itself is very small, with less than 15 tables inside. I've never been there when it was overcrowded, but there's always a good amount of people dining there so you may want to make a reservation if it's a special occassion (I've never had a problem just walking in). It's a great date spot, very romantic with candles on the table to the low lighting. It's also very reasonably priced, so take a friend, take a first date, or just grab some food for yourself. Tuk Tuk is one of my favorite Thai places in all of L.A., so be sure to put it on your list of "must eats."
Tuk Tuk
8875 West Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310) 860-1872

No comments:
Post a Comment