Monday, March 26, 2007

This One's Just Rice


When a co-worker and I were desperately craving Sushi in Santa Monica, we really didn't have anything coming to mind that was close by. Plus we didn't want to break the bank. So, I did like any adventurous woman would do, and googled "sushi" near "my office" and came across Hakata (check out the site for a coupon).

This place immediately intrigued me as the outside of the restaurant exclaims "ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI" and "SPORTS BAR." I thought, this could either be really fun, or I would be recalling my lunch over the toilet for the rest of the afternoon. Luckily, it turned out to be the former.

The lunch special is out of this world. For $12 you get 18 pieces of sushi and miso soup. The sushi really good quality, especially for the price. This is probably one of the best California Rolls I've ever had, as they use fresh crab meat and it's definitely well-crafted.

Although we didn't partake in the all-you-can-eat, I did inquire more. For $28.95 you can have regular sushi, and for $49 you get your pick from a premium sushi list, which has a few more options. The catch is, you only have an hour to make your choices. I don't think they kick you out after 60 minutes, but I think there's an added cost attached if you order more past that time. I certainly will come back and check that feature out the next time I'm feeling like a challenge and/or I'm wining and dining Kobayashi.


Hakata
2830 Wilshire Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90403
(310)828-8404
$

No comments: