Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Here, Kiddy, Kiddy

Just when you thought advertisers couldn't get any sneakier, they did. Have you seen KFC's new ad yet? Well, let me refresh your memory.



The imbedded buzzing during the shot of the chicken bucket is at a high enough frequency that only some ears (i.e. young ears) can hear it. KFC ran a simultaneous promotion on their website, giving the first 1,000 people who heard the pitch a chance to win $10 to the fried chicken chain.

I could hear the buzz so I guess I'm in the age range that is supposed to be lured to KFC. I must tell you, I've only gotten sick on food once and it was from eating too much KFC. So maybe I'm biased on the subject, but I think this is a little 1984-esq and freaks the balls of me (hypothetical balls). Next thing we know, all KFC's will be projecting the "buzz" on loud speakers as droves of children drop their yo-yo's and/or jax and head straight for the nearest locale.

Please, stop the brainwashing and just come up with better commercials.

1 comment:

Darby said...

i heard it! i heard it!