Friday, April 20, 2007

(Not Such a) Good Night, Moon


I went to Luna Park last night for a friend's birthday and it was just okay. Nothing special, nothing inedible. I was a little disappointed, hearing mostly good things about the place.

We started with a goat cheese fondue which ran about $9 and was hardly 4 oz of melted cheese with toasted french bread and half an apple to dip. The presentation was "interesting", stacking the bread like bricks around the elevated fondue ramekin. But it was melted cheese, for 9 dollars. And some of the bread was burnt. Not a great start.

I ordered the Roasted Sea Bass for my main course, which was appropriately priced at about 17 dollars. That's one thing I'll give this place - the main courses were very reasonably priced (the Lamb, for instance, was also $17). The Sea Bass was simply roasted, not a lot of flavor but okay. It was served on a bed of broccoli rabe, which I LOVE. But they overcooked it! The stalks were mushy so a boo to that!

Overall, I'm not taking my rocket to Luna again, I'd rather watch this movie and eat cereal in bed.

P.S. It's gray and rainy outside so I'm in a bit of a "mood."

Luna Park
672 S. La Brea
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 934-2110
$$

1 comment:

Darby said...

i got the sea bass too and i thought the broccoli was bitter. Good review, Jaims.